Increased exhibitor and retailer participation drives enhanced discovery, connections and commerce.
The Inspired Home Show 2023 ended on March 7 at McCormick Place in Chicago, Illinois, after four highly productive days. As a follow-up to the initial return in 2022, the Show demonstrated significant year-over-year increases in both exhibitor and retailer participation. More than 1,600 exhibitors and nearly 30,000 home and housewares professionals from 125 countries came together to discover new products, reconnect with colleagues and advance the industry.
“The 2023 Show was an incredible step forward in the post-pandemic recovery of face-to-face events for the home + housewares industry,” says Derek Miller, president and CEO of the International Housewares Association. “The enthusiasm and positive feedback we have seen over the last four days reminds us all how important it is to gather the industry together in-person every year. It was particularly rewarding to see the return of so many who were unable to participate last year.”
Strong support for the Show was demonstrated by the industry, through the presence of major key retailers and leading exhibiting brands. Attendees confirmed at the Show included senior-level executives, DMMs, GMMs and buyers from major retailers around the world. A complete list of exhibiting companies and brands, along with product details can be found on IHA’s Connect 365 Platform.
The Show featured multiple new and returning attractions, including:
- Addition of the Travel Gear + Luggage category, created in partnership with the Travel Goods Association.
- The pre-Show New Exhibitor Preview and Trending Today, which featured brands and products new to the Show and that support at-home entertaining.
- The gia Global Innovation Awards, honoring excellence in home + housewares retailing, product design and student achievement.
- Four keynotes focused on the future of home + housewares trends in consumer and retail evolution, including one by Walmart’s Head of Home Goods and General Manager of Home Marketplace.
- Innovation Theater sessions featuring industry experts such as Joe Derochowski of Circana (formerly The NPD Group); Anita Desai, TikTok’s Head of Home and Living; and leaders from Newell Brands discussing their consumer occasions-based marketing strategy.
- The return of the Housewares Cares Charity Gala, benefitting the Breast Cancer Research Foundation, the James Beard Foundation, Winning with Wyatt and the V Foundation.
The Inspired Home Show 2024 will take place March 16-19 at McCormick Place in Chicago, Illinois. Registration is currently open at https://app.theinspiredhomeshow.com/registration/ .